The plot began as a plot of grass and weeds. Carving out the grass, adding 2 yards of compost, and tilling well results in this:
Of course, no plot is complete without animal husbandry, so we added a few chicks.
We have a Austra White (named Betty), a Buff Orpington (named Buffy), a Barred Rock (named Rocky, or Maryanne, depending upon who you ask...), two Silver Wyandottes (named Cheep and Dale), and a Rhode Island Red (named Ginger). We picked up four at the grange, and wanted two more, but when we went to the feed store, we discovered that there was a minimum 6 chick purchase. As a result, we also ended up with 2 Cornish Rocks (unnamed, but named Thing 1 and Thing 2), as well as a Bronze Breasted turkey (named Black turkeu) and a white breasted turkey (named White Turkey). The Turkeys and Cornish are intended to be eaten, thus the lack of a true name.
Of course, the chicks soon out grew their box, so a coop was in order. It took a couple weeks, but the coop is finally finished, and the girls moved in about a week ago. I'll get pictures of the coop posted shortly.